Nov. 12, 2015
ATHENS, GA. – Coming off the heels of a historic weekend at the USTA Clay Court Invitational in Orlando, Fla., South Carolina men’s tennis is heading to Athens, Ga., for the Bulldog Scramble, hosted by the University of Georgia at the Dan Magill Tennis Complex. The three-day round robin event runs Nov. 13-15 and features participants from Georgia, Georgia Tech, Harvard, Notre Dame and Oklahoma.
Juniors Alex Fennell and Sam Swank are set for singles and doubles competition for the Gamecocks. Fennell, a transfer from Penn State, is 7-3 in his first year as a Gamecock with wins over opponents from Auburn, North Carolina and Florida State. Swank is one of six Gamecocks with double-digit wins, posting a 10-4 record this fall. As a doubles team, the duo is searching for their first win after starting 0-1.
Play begins each day at 10 a.m. For team updates and information visit www.GamecocksOnline.com or follow the team on Twitter (@GamecockMTennis).
- 10 a.m. – Fennell/Swank (SC) vs. Morrow/Gonzalez (Harvard)
- 11 a.m. – Alex Fennell (SC) vs. Daniel Yun or Carlos Benito (GT)
- 11 a.m. – Sam Swank (SC) vs. Daniel Rayl (ND)
- 2:30 p.m. – Sam Swank (SC) vs. Andy Martinez (UGA)
- 2:30 p.m. – Alex Fennell (SC) vs. Austin Siegel (OU)
- 10 a.m. – Two rounds of doubles matches
- 1:30 p.m. – Singles
- 10 a.m. – Doubles followed immediately by singles