Four Gamecocks to Compete in Wolfpack Invitational Ranked Spotlight
COLUMBIA, S.C. – South Carolina women’s tennis senior No. 50 Megan Davies, junior No. 29 Ayana Akli, sophomore Allie Gretkowski, and freshman Sarah Hamner are set to compete in the Wolfpack Invitational Ranked Spotlight in Cary, N.C. from Thursday to Sunday. The tournament will consist of singles and doubles matches over the course of the four days.
The Gamecocks will play two rounds of doubles matches on Thursday, two rounds of singles matches on Friday, two rounds of singles matches on Saturday, and one round of both doubles and singles matches on Sunday.
The Spotlight event will feature ranked opponents from host NC State as well as UCF, Tennessee, Ohio State, Miami, Virginia, Michigan, Southern California, Duke, Oklahoma, North Carolina, and Princeton.
- All South Carolina players are fresh off the weekend at the Debbie Southern Furman Fall Classic, where they were undefeated in the final round of singles.
- No. 50 Megan Davies upset the No. 21 player in the country 7-6 (1), 7-5.
- Junior No. 29 Ayana Akli earned her first two wins as a Gamecock, one of which came against the No. 52 player.
- Newcomer Sarah Hamner is undefeated this fall, entering the tournament with two wins against the No. 28 and No. 65 players under her belt.
- Sophomore Allie Gretkowski went 2-1 in singles in Greenville.
- The sole ranked doubles team for the Gamecocks, No. 40 Megan Davies and Allie Gretkowski, went 2-1 in doubles play at the Debbie Southern Furman Fall Classic.
For more information on South Carolina women’s tennis, check out the team on GamecocksOnline and on social media: