Gamecocks Travel to Michigan for Wolverine Invitational
COLUMBIA, S.C. – Four Gamecocks will travel to Michigan to compete in the Wolverine Invitational this weekend. Juniors Ana Cruz and Elise Mills, sophomore Lindsay Tulenko and freshman Misa Malkin are set to compete in the three-day tournament.
The Invitational will consist of singles and doubles matches. South Carolina will begin playing singles on Friday morning and will move into two rounds of doubles play in the afternoon. Saturday will feature two rounds of singles and Sunday will consist of one round of doubles and any remaining singles play.
In addition to host Michigan, South Carolina will have opportunities to face opponents from Ohio State, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Western Michigan and Arizona State.
- This is the second tournament this fall for all four Gamecocks competing.
- Mills went 2-1 in singles at the Debbie Southern Furman Fall Classic, taking down opponents from Vanderbilt and Furman.
- In the first tournament of the season, Tulenko went 1-1 in singles and notched a win against an opponent from Clemson.
- Cruz and Malkin earned a commanding 6-1 win over their opponents from North Carolina during the Debbie Southern Furman Fall Classic.
- Malkin notably defeated Rosie Garcia Gross of Georgia Tech in straight sets to secure her first singles win as a Gamecock.
For more information on South Carolina women’s tennis, check out the team on GamecocksOnline and on social media: