Nov. 22, 2014
- South Carolina defeated South Alabama, 37-12
- The win makes the Gamecocks bowl eligible for the 10th consecutive year.
- The Gamecocks’ winning streak over teams from outside the Power 5 conferences extends to 36 games.
- South Carolina has won 18-straight games against non-conference teams and 23-straight regular season non-confrence games.
- The Gamecocks’ home winning streak against non-conference foes now stands at 21-straight games.
- Head coach Steve Spurrier is now 52-0 against teams outside the Power 5 conferences.
- Captains for South Carolina were senior quarterback Dylan Thompson, senior spur Sharrod Golightly, senior offensive guard A.J. Cann and senior defensive tackle J.T. Surratt.
- South Carolina honored 17 seniors and five underclassmen in senior day festivities prior to this afternoon’s game.
- Attendance for today’s game at Williams-Brice Stadium: 78,201
- Senior left guard A.J. Cann made his 49th career start today, he is second on the Gamecock’s all-time list behind only T.J. Johnson.
- Senior quarterback Dylan Thompson was 10-for-17 with 237 passing yards. He now has 3,031 passing yards on the year and is 28 yards shy of Stephen Garcia’s mark of 3,059 in 2010 for third-most in school history.
- The Gamecocks committed a season-high five turnovers, which is the most since they had four at UCF last year.
- The Gamecocks’ fourth-quarter scoring drive of 96 yards was the longest drive of the season.
- Thompson’s 73-yard pass to Pharoh Cooper stands as the second-longest this year for the Gamecocks, behind their 85-yard connection against Tennessee.
- Thompson’s touchdown reception from Cooper in the fourth quarter was the first of his career.
- Junior tailback Brandon Wilds rushed for 77 yards on 16 carries, jumping him three spots on the career rushing charts to 29th with 1,263 yards. He’s 13 yards from getting to 28th and Mike Caskey (1952-55).
- The Jaguars’ opening scoring drive was the longest against the Gamecocks this season in both plays (14) and time of possession (6:43).
- Both Brison Williams and Skai Moore had two interceptions. This was the first time a player had two interceptions in a game since Moore posted two vs. Wisconsin in the 2014 Capital One Bowl on Jan. 1, 2014. Williams now had four interceptions and two pick-six on the season.
- The Gamecocks had four interceptions against the Jaguars. They had totaled five interceptions all season prior to this afternoon’s game.
- The defense forced five turnovers, last time with five or more was six against Clemson on Nov. 30, 2013.
SPECIAL TEAMS NOTES
- Sophomore place kicker Elliot Fry, with three field goals and three PATs,s now has 193 career points and is eighth all-time in South Carolina history.
- Fry’s 47-yard field goad in the third quarter is the longest of his career.
- South Alabama’s punt of 76 yards is the longest opponent punt of season.