The Palmetto Series points chase was rekindled in 2022. This year’s competition between the two Palmetto State rivals is presented by the South Carolina Education Lottery.
When the rivals face off this season, each will earn points for a win with the overall winner taking home the Palmetto Series trophy and bragging rights.
Over the last two decades, education funding in the state of South Carolina has benefited from $7.2 billion in lottery proceeds, with students at USC and Clemson receiving more than 350,000 lottery-funded scholarships and grants.
With the Lottery’s sponsorship of the Palmetto Series, a few new points are up for grabs. A point will be awarded to the school with the most current LIFE scholarship recipients and another point for the most current Palmetto Fellows scholarship recipients. And, fans will have a say when they enter their $5 Carolina Jackpot and Clemson Jackpot scratch-offs in the Rival Play Second-Chance Promotion, the school’s ticket with the most entries earns a point.
Started in 2015, the Gamecocks lead the overall Palmetto Series 5-0.
1 point to the winner of each of the following South Carolina vs. Clemson match-ups:
- Men’s Basketball
- Women’s Basketball
- Women’s Cross Country
- Football – Saturday, November 25 – TBA
- Men’s Golf – TBA
- Women’s Golf – TBA
- Men’s Soccer – Friday, September 1 – 7 p.m.
- Women’s Soccer – Thursday, August 17 – TIED 0-0
- Softball –
- Men’s Tennis –
- Women’s Tennis –
- Volleyball – Wednesday, August 30 – 7 p.m.
- 1 point for the school with the current most LIFE Scholarship recipients
- 1 point for the school with the current most Palmetto Fellows Scholarship recipients
- 1 point for the school with the most entries into the Rival Play Second-Chance Promotion through the tickets (variable and up to fans/players to decide)